The battle for control of the Republican Party continues.
– [Donald Trump] My relationship
with this gentleman is outstanding.
– [Narrator] Does Mitch call the shots, now Donald?
(Whisper) Yes, he does.
He says he runs the Republican Party,
the party you built.
– [Mitch McConnell]
(clears throat) Excuse me.
– [Narrator] He’s the boss now.
He’s even taking shots at you
– [McConnell] A mob was assaulting
the Capitol, in his name.
– [Narrator] When did Mitch overpower you?
– [Trump] Maybe I’ll have to
leave the country? I don’t know.
(Whisper) No power.
He doesn’t care what you think of candidates.
(Whisper) He’s in charge.
– [Trump] I mean, we were winning everything.
– [Narrator] He’ll pick them himself.
(Whisper) No control.
– [Trump] And then all of a
sudden it was just called off.
– [Narrator] And they’ll be loyal to Mitch.
(Whisper) You can’t beat him.
– [Trump] Our weak Republican leadership.
– [Narrator] Is this still your party or not?
(Whisper) You can’t keep up.
You’re losing your base.
They’ve forgotten you.
They’re calling you Mitch’s “cuck.”
– [McConnell] (chuckling)
– [Narrator] (whisper)
He’s stronger than you.
If you don’t do something soon…
…you can kiss 2024 goodbye.
– [Trump] McConnell is hopeless,
and he can’t stop anything.